Benigmassive.blogspot

Silence. Unspoken. Unstated.
Words. Terms. Expressions.


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Review: My Sassy Girl

My Sassy Girl is my all time favorite Korean film. This is the only movie I watched twice in just one sitting. There is something on this movie that made this really exceptional. (Let's not talk about the remake of hollywood 'coz it really pisses me off! :)

Simple and funny movie plus a very pretty girl made this movie a truly one of a kind. I wonder if there really are Sassy girls out there just like "the girl" on this movie. For this movie, I would like to share only one... the letter of "the sassy girl" to Gyun-woo. On this letter, revelations kicks in.

This is the letter they buried under the time capsule. The letter speak of what the girl truly feels and the ultimate confessions that explains why she acted like that

This is the letter written by "the girl" to Gyun-woo: (Warning: DO NOT READ!! If you plan to watch the movie. This letter will spoil everything!)

Gyeon-woo! How are you? I was so happy while being with you. I'm not sure if you knew, but the person I loved passed away. The day when I first met you was the day he died a year ago. Actually, I tried to look for him in you. I know it was wrong. I'm sorry. I also met him on the subway like you. I was really sick at that time. He did everything I wanted, like you did to me. Under this tree, we planned our future together. But he suddenly passed away. While I was dating you, I met his mother often. She wanted to introduce a nice man to me, but I couldn't. The day I first met you, I came under this tree, and I prayed to him. To let me free. When I met you, this occurred to me. That maybe... he introduced you to me. But the more I met you, he seemed to grow jealous of you in me. The more I liked you, I felt guilty inside. While the two of us are apart, I want to forget him alone.

This would be one of the best part of the movie. Sadness comes in after an hour of laughter throughout the movie. 

And this ten rules would be the best ten rules ever written! Kilig moments kicks in! (Thanks to Poldo for sharing! :)


The 10 Rules:

1. Don't ask her to be feminine
2. Don't let her drink over three glasses
3. Drink coffee instead of Coke/Juice
4. If she hits you, act like it hurts. If it hurts, act like it doesn't
5. On your 100th day together, give her a rose during her class
6. Make sure you learn fencing and squash
7. Be prepared to go to prison sometimes
8. If she says she'll kill you, don't take it lightly
9. If her feet hurt, exchange shoes with her
10. She likes to write. Encourage her 
source:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293715/quotes

For those who missed this movie, it's not too late. You can buy this movie in either original DVD copy or pirated! :) Satisfy your curiosity!


TRIVIA:
  • The sassy girl played by Jun Ji Hyun was unnamed
  • This is based on a true story. :)


9 comments:

Poldo said...

favorite ko rin tong movie na toh.. kahit yung english version pinanood ko hihihi...

love the scene where the man state the ten rules..

The 10 Rules:
1. Don't ask her to be feminine
2. Don't let her drink over three glasses
3. Drink coffee instead of Coke/Juice
4. If she hits you, act like it hurts. If it hurts, act like it doesn't
5. On your 100th day together, give her a rose during her class
6. Make sure you learn fencing and squash
7. Be prepared to go to prison sometimes
8. If she says she'll kill you, don't take it lightly
9. If her feet hurt, exchange shoes with her
10. She likes to write. Encourage her
source:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293715/quotes

ayos!

khantotantra said...

honestly, do ko pa napapanood ung whole movie. laging nadaanan lang. :(

Parang nakaka-iyak ung letter. Haunted by the past.

Trainer Y said...

gusto ko ung pachelbel cannon..
tama ba yung title k?
ahahahahaha

and i love the time capsule thingy.. :D

Benh said...

@Poldo, gusto ko nga rin ilagay yang 10 things na yan. Pwede ko ba isingit sa blogpost na to? hehe! Salamat!

@Khanto nakakaiyak ung letter pero ung whole movie puro kalokohan! Astig to pre, worth your time watching.

@Ayu yep! napanood ko din windstruck. Matic na nga ata na kapag fanatic ka ng My Sassy Girl, dapat panoodin mo din ung windstruck.. :)

@Yanah ano ung pachelbel cannon? hmm.. cannon ung title ng kanta dito db?

Trainer Y said...

ahihihi tama ako..
sinearch ko..
pachelbel's canon ang title hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wpPk8qk3uQ

:D

Unknown said...

just last 2 weeks ago, we've watched those korean movies, they're kinda okay for me. But you know i just don't like the way they talked, i don't understand them.
But a lot of Filipinos were now crazily following them. Kpop- gosh, that makes us mute.. hehehehe.. just an opnion.

Benh said...

@yanah ay oo yan nga un po. Canon po ang title nian. SI Pachelbel ata ung nagcompose. Hehe! Kasi alam mo ba na may Canon rock? ginwa yang rock version? hehe! check mo to. Astig yan. hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by8oyJztzwo


@Tim that's okay man! some like some do not. You just followed your preference. :)

Joyo said...

aw alam mo bang di ko pa napapanood sa tanang buhay ko ang pelikulang yan... im such a loser!

Benh said...

@Joyo ayayayay! find time to watch this movie! panalo yan pre.